07/06/26 - 31/07/26 (Week 7 - Week 15)
Andrea Choo Qin Hui (0366959)
Advanced Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Website
INSTRUCTIONS
Final Website
Submission Requirement:
Submit your final website using your E-portfolio Link (The final website link to be
attached in the E-portfolio).
To demonstrate original authorship and verify that the project was not generated solely
by AI, your E-portfolio must include a Process Documentation Section featuring:
・Development Progress: Screenshots of your workflow, code snippets, or asset
creation.
・Reflection / AI Disclosure: A brief narrative explaining your design decisions (and
a brief statement detailing any AI tools used and their specific role in your process).
Process Documentation Section
Firstly, since I designed everything on Adobe XD, all I had to do was copy and paste
everything into Adobe Animate. Due to Adobe Animate not having the same features as
Adobe XD, I had to make some changes to the final website. I changed some of the layout
in Adobe Illustrator and imported them into Adobe Animate.
![]() |
| Figure 1.1 Assets in Adobe Illustrator |
Once everything was imported, I faced my first problem; where it showed an error saying
that a JavaScript error occurred, and I was unable to preview my work.
![]() |
| Figure 1.2 JavaScript Error on Adobe Animate |
Due to that, I decided to see Mr. Shamsul so hopefully he could help me figure the
problem out. He ended up telling me the file was corrupted and I had to redo everything
on a new file.
Thankfully on the new file, that error did not appear again but unfortunately here comes
the second problem. Using what Mr. Shamsul taught us with GSAP, I tried to use the
slider method.
![]() |
| Figure 1.3 Script on Adobe Animate |
I followed the steps exactly from what was taught but when previewing it, the assets
doesn't move to the exact location I want it to.
![]() |
| Figure 1.4 Previewed Work |
So instead of using GSAP, I animated everything myself. I decided to put every page on a
different file so that it wouldn't be too messy for me and so that the file wouldn't be
corrupted.
Unfortunately, the code didn't really work, as where you could go to the next image but
not the previous one. Therefore, I decided to ask ChatGPT for help.
Figure 1.6 Youtube Tutorial
The codes that were given by ChatGPT didn't really work either so I had to regenerate
them until I found one that worked.
![]() |
| Figure 1.7 ChatGPT Codes Pt.1 |
![]() |
| Figure 1.8 ChatGPT Codes Pt.2 |
![]() |
| Figure 1.9 ChatGPT Codes Pt.3 |
![]() |
| Figure 1.10 ChatGPT Codes Pt.4 |
I had more codes generated but did not include them, but fortunately one did finally work
and I copied and pasted them into each page that needed a slideshow.
![]() |
| Figure 1.11 Movie Clip of Slideshow |
![]() |
| Figure 1.12 Working Code for Slideshow |
・Index Page Codes :
![]() |
| Figure 2.1 Side Menu Codes Pt.1 |
![]() |
| Figure 2.2 Side Menu Codes Pt.2 |
![]() |
| Figure 2.3 Side Menu Codes Pt.3 |
![]() |
| Figure 2.4 Side Menu Codes Pt.4 |
![]() |
| Figure 2.5 Side Menu Codes Pt.5 |
![]() |
| Figure 2.6 Start Button Codes |
・Game Description Page Codes :
・Character Page Codes :
![]() |
| Figure 5.1 Slideshow Codes |
![]() |
| Figure 5.2 Next Page Codes |
・Phantom Life Codes :
![]() |
| Figure 6.1 Slideshow Codes |
![]() |
| Figure 6.2 Next Page Codes |
・About the Game Codes :
![]() |
| Figure 7.1 Slideshow Codes |
![]() |
| Figure 7.2 Next Page Codes |
・Gallery Codes :
![]() |
| Figure 8.1 Slideshow Codes |
![]() |
| Figure 8.2 Next Page Codes |
FINAL SUBMISSIONS
![]() |
| Figure 9.1 Website on Vercel |
Link to Website
REFLECTIONS
Experience: Using Adobe Animate for the first time was definitely challenging, especially since I had to learn how to code everything as well. At first, I found it difficult to understand how everything worked, but with the guidance of Mr. Shamsul and YouTube tutorials, I was able to overcome the challenges. Although it took time and patience, I managed to complete the subject and gained valuable skills in using Adobe Animate.
Observations: Throughout this project, I observed that Adobe Animate is very different from other Adobe software because it combines both design and coding. Creating interactive elements such as buttons, page navigation and animations required the use of JavaScript, which was completely new to me. I also noticed that even a small mistake, such as an incorrect instance name or a missing bracket, could stop the entire interaction from working. This made me realise the importance of paying close attention to details and testing the project frequently.
Findings: From this project, I found that learning Adobe Animate requires patience, practice, and persistence. Troubleshooting became a major part of the development process, as many issues were solved through trial and error, online tutorials and guidance from Mr. Shamsul. I also found that understanding the relationship between the code and the visual elements was essential for creating a functional interactive project.





























Comments
Post a Comment